Subject: Re: [amos-list] Anyone remember Mr Amos Club and Totally Amos?
From: "Keith Hill" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 02:39:58 +0100

From: "Keith Hill" <[email-masked]>

> As for WinUAE and kickstart files, I'm not surprised the links
> you found busted out quickly.  Amiga still owns the Copyright on those
> roms and is VERY serious about hanging onto it, largely because they are
> still developing OS 3.5, they have a big stake in not seeing the AmigaOS
> become freeware.  Of course so does Clanato, that Italian Company
responsibl
> for Personal Paint (bet they're sad to see Amiga Inc Signing with Corel,
> though Corel Draw ain't much better IMHO) who are also trying to Hauk
> a modified version of UAE with Amiga Inc. certified Roms for 40 USD.

I actually OWN a legal copy of Amiga Forever by Cloanto, which comes with
the latest version of PPaint, which runs quicker than a standard 1200 on my
new P550, but seems slower than my 68060 based amiga.

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com by starting a new list at ONElist.
Drawing is held each week through August 20.  For details, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html